Senior Accountant - Financial Accounting
What is your dream: 4 days home office/week! = (4 office days /months)? APPLY NOW
We are now looking for our multinational SSC partner a Senior Accountant to join the Financial Accounting team to play a key role in the timely and accurate completion of the European wide Record-To-Report (RTR) process including monthly closure procedures under U.S. GAAP and having ownership of account balances through the reconciliation process. Beyond the monthly close activities this role will require a robust accountant with previous experience within an international company that can partner with the business and various stakeholders, including auditors to ensure expectations are met. Having ownership over your work, we have an expectation of continuous improvement including suggesting and implementing improvements to make processes more effective and efficient. You’ll gain technical and general business acumen in a growing shared service centre with excellent multiple career paths. This role will report into to a Team Leader / Chief Accountant.
Why are you applying for this position?
- Flexible way of working according to our remote policy in effect (4 office days/months- the rest is home office!)
- Possibility to work from abroad (according to remote policy in affect)
- Gross base salary- 600.000-650.000 depends on your experience
- Gross 24.600 home office allowance/months
- Cafeteria(450.000 HUF/year) with wide range of elements, e.g. SZÉP Card (Széchenyi Recreation Card), mutual aid fund, targeted health fund, pension fund, language course
- Employee discounts program at various contracted partners
- We are proud of working at the greenest of Budapest – Green House Office Building
- We support your career development with internal learning portfolio and talent programs
- We are never bored - our Fun Factory team takes care of event organisation (well-being & mental health program, team building, social events, CSR - Charity activities)
- Recognition program – we appreciate your achievements
- Additional holiday for your birthday
- Young, dynamic, and multinational environment – the average age alongside the BSC is 31years, we represent over 30 nationalities
Your role will be:
- Ensuring the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of monthly close activities
- Preparing manual journal entries, owning certain subledgers, or monitoring interfaces and semi-automated processes.
- Reviewing general ledger activity, researching/correcting account discrepancies, and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Owning certain accounts and validate the accuracy of the accounts through the reconciliation process.
- Responsibilities for compliance of assigned areas to accounting policies, procedures and internal controls (Sarbanes-Oxley Act).
- Supporting the various statutory audits and requests from various European entities.
- Teaching and supporting junior accountants and various team members.
- Documenting and updating process notes periodically as required.
To join us, we are looking forward to your application if you have:
- College degree with relevant emphasis in Finance / Accounting / Economics
- Min. 2-3 years of experience working in accounting
- Accounting qualification such as Chartered Accountant, ACCA or equivalent is an advantage
- Analytical with excellent problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A “can do “ mentality with a collaborative approach and willingness to learn
- Confident user skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially in Excel
- Good understanding of the audit process
- Fluent level of English (both oral and written)
Location; Budapest, XIII (1 office day/week, 4 days home office!)
If your qualifications met with the job requirements please send your CV to hr[at]viziandpartners[dot]hu or to dalma[at]viziandpartners[dot]hu please add to the subject line; "Senior Accountant - Financial Accounting"
In case of any question pelase contact with us;+36 70 672 65 63
#senior accountant #accounting